Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oh Dear

I was slightly suspicious that the pants I made for Pnut were going to be too big. Well, I knew they were going to be big. I just didn't realize how very big. Big enough that we would have to roll the legs several times to see her feet and probably couldn't roll the top enough to make them stay up. The pattern was x-small for size 3/4. Ha! Maybe if your 3yo is a monster. I think I will give them to my nephew because he is a monster:) He wears at least 2 sizes ahead of his age. He is going to be five feet tall by the time he turns 5.

So this afternoon I decided to make a pair for Pilly. Our dear little friend Baby Kake will be receiving these pants at the softball game Thursday night. They were a little short and weren't big enough to go the whole way up over Pilly's diaper. I tried to just trace around a pair of her pants and enlarge it some. Wrong. That is the wrong way to approach that. I took her measurements and will be coming up with a real pattern.

Thank goodness there was like 3.5 yards of this stuff. There is still enough to make pants for both of them. I am out of yellow thread now. After all these sewing mishaps, I am not sure if I am going to do anything tonight. Joel brought me a book from the library so maybe I will do that tonight. And eat bagel chips. Homemade bagel chips are the bomb! Have an awesome night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Baby Kake is really excited to see her new pants! (So is her mom!):)