Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Blood Work

Bright and early this morning I took the girls and had to get blood work done.  They did really well and sat and colored nicely and played with their babies while we waited for my name to be called.  They were a little concerned about what the nurse was doing, but they soon forgot that when another nurse gave them a box of stickers.  Pilly took three!  I don't know why the nurse let them have the whole box!  Maybe she is not familiar with the ways of greedy children! 

When the nurse poked my arm, it really pinched, and it pinched the whole time it was in there.  She finally took it off after a good amount of time had passed and informed me that that vein was not working well.  We had to try my other arm.  Thankfully, the sticker went right in and didn't really hurt while she was taking blood, only when she changed vials.  There were eight vials.  That is a lot of blood.  I was really tired this afternoon!

The girls were excited because we went to the "Monster Playground" after that and played for about an hour and then we came home and got our books and went to the library.  They had a good morning!

Now Joel is off teaching his guitar lesson to his class of 24 and I am going to be relaxing.  I got some new books at the library, but I think I'll do a few rounds of Peggle first:)

1 comment:

mrsament said...

The first set of bloodwork when you're expecting is brutal.

I actually passed out with Caleb!

Hope you're feeling okay!