Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Strawberry Muffins

Joel is giving guitar lessons at church tonight so I am home alone with the girls.  It is 7:10, and they are in bed!  They usually are between 7:15-7:30 anyways, but still, it is nice to have a whole evening to enjoy quietly. 

This weekend, I made strawberry muffins, and we enjoyed them quite a bit!  The girls love strawberries and pretty much anything that contains strawberries:)

1/4 c canola oil
1/2 c milk
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t salt
2 t baking powder
1/2 c sugar
1 3/4 c flour
1 c chopped strawberries (chop about an hour before so that they aren't quite as juicy when mixing)
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 c brown sugar

1. Preheat oven to 375.  Line or oilmuffin tins
2.  In a small bowl, combine all of the wet ingredient and beat lightly.  In a separate, larger bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients except the strawberries.  Stir until well mixed and then gently mix in the strawberries until well coated.  Pour in wet mix and stir together.
3.  Fill muffin cups.  Bake for about 25 minutes and cool for 10 before removing from pan.

This is a recipe that is best mixed by hand.  The strawberries would probably get damaged with a mixer.  I made 3 large muffins and then a tray of 24 mini muffins for a snack at church.  The recipe said it only makes 8, but I would venture to guess that you would get more large muffins that that out of this!

No comments: