Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Our Treasure

I apologize profusely for my absence over the past few days. Basically, all I have had time to do is work, and I have been working until almost 10:00. Sunday, I didn't work but we had church, a baby shower, and then church again. Hopefully, we are going to get this caught up soon and I can have a life again.

The girls and I went to Salvation Army treasure hunting on Saturday and came home with these:



I was so glad there were two of them. They got to use them on Saturday evening. Pnut loves anything with the word "Hershey" on it. She recognizes the logo as soon as she sees it, and the fact that ice cream goes into these Hershey dishes just puts them over the top!

I was hoping to find some candle holders or tablecloths there, but didn't see any. I also didn't find a pair of pants to start my skirt over. I just don't like the way it looks and fits so I am going to start over. The jeans cost like $4 so I am not too upset.

I hope you all had a great weekend and are off to a good start this week!

Shawna:)

2 comments:

Sha and Michelle said...

Cool Finds this weekend, Pnut is too cute that she recognizes Hershey!!! My Aunt April (she died in 2001) used to love to collect Coca Cola stuff - that's what I thought of when I saw the picture - coca cola glassware.

I take it Pnut has a sweet tooth?

My family sure does, my aunt Mel just blogged about all the food we have been cooking or baking (I should say what food she and Michelle have been cooking or baking) - so much dessert!!! I bet I've gained 15 pounds!!!


P.S.

I was just saying I wasn't watching alot of tv and wouldn't you know it - I have a tv marathon!!! LOL.

I had off Sunday and Monday (today) so I was given babysitting duty.

Annie is only four months old so she can't do a whole lot yet - she's working on rolling over but she can't crawl yet or sit up by herself - so we parked it right in front of the tv the last two days, me on the floor and her on a blanket with toys right beside me.

Like I said, I like to do everything with the tv on - we played with toys and had lunch, watched the pups out the window, and read American Girl "Julie" all with the tv on in the background - oh and we watched the tv too!

I have the first season of "7th Heaven" on DVD so I watched several episodes while I was babysitting and later I watched the first 4 episodes again with Melanie - she was so excited I had them - Mel went through a whole box of tissues while we watched 7th Heaven!

Jamie, Michelle and I also watched Misty (It's a pony movie from the 60s - my sister and I always rented it on VHS in VA - when we were at Barnes and Nobles Sunday we saw it and Mel bought it for Jamie!! Jamie loves horses!

I <3 my cousins!!!

I also watched Fiddler on the Roof today - it's such a great musical!!! I like Chava (the third daughter) the best!!! Isn't that a cute name??

So yeah, I had an awesome Movie Marathon - my idea of a great time!!! :)

Sha and Michelle said...

Shawna,
You know - I have gotten on the blog a lot recently thinking I have nothing to write and then I read your blog - and then I start to comment and realize I have a complete blog entry once I hit send. :)

I done this at least 3 times.

So, thank you for helping me with my writer's block!!

-Sha