Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Musings

It is a lovely night tonight! It is actually raining outside, but I am sitting all cozy and nice inside and listening to it patter down upon our windows. I really like our computer room at night because our lamp gives off a perfectly warm glow that looks lovely against the brick wall and it just feels like home. I do love our little house. The location may not be exactly what we want, but the house is just darling. I love the staircase and how it splits the two rooms and the ceiling in the kitchen and the girls' pretty yellow room. Probably the room I like the least is our bedroom, which makes me sad. I had hoped to make it so nice for us, but it is just not what I want. I think part of it is our furniture. It is heavy, sturdy furniture, which would look nice in a log cabin, but here in our blue room it just looks dark. *Sigh* Someday maybe we can have a lovely little bedroom. (It should be noted that the thought of log cabins sent me off on a diversion and this post was delayed while I searched that out).

Today, we went back to the playground. It was so humid. I was pretty gross by the time we got there. After coming home and showering, we went to the Treasure Store (where the lines were horrendous so we didn't buy anything) and then on to JoAnn Fabrics. I managed to only get enough material for three napkins at the size I wanted when I bought the fabric so I am rethinking how to do it to get more. I think that I will get four for sure, possibly six because I am changing some things. Geometry is not my strong subject. Actually, I didn't even plan it out. I just assumed that it would be enough.

I think if I ever opened a store I would call it The Treasure Store. The aforementioned Treasure Store is actually the Salvation Army and today is their half-off day. Wouldn't it be so neat to actually go into a Treasure Store and see what you could find? The anticipation would be awesome!

I need to know...are you all disappointed with these posts? I cannot post about what I am working on since it is for my Pay It Forward and I have been forgetting to use the camera. You should just be thankful that I don't go all colloquial and say things like "youse guys" and "crick."

Okay then, have a cozy little evening.

4 comments:

Mom said...

I am enjoying your lovely posts. You sound so much like Anne. It's funny. You really should be a writer you know.

Unknown said...

I love hearing about what is going on in your corner of the world! Keep it up!

Me said...

Lol Shawna, don't worry about the wedding present, it's the thought that counts. Want to hear my confession? I haven't sent my Thank Yous! Now is that not terrible or what?! I don't know what happened! All the sudden we've been married almost a year and everything else I was doing seemed more important and I kept thinking I would "get to them"... now I'm not so sure. At this point I'm pretty sure only the elderly folks would remember that they didn't get one because it's the proper thing to do of course. All the young bucks would be like what? What thank you note? haha. I don't think it's gonna get done! Too much going on... to poor to mail 75 thank yous at .44 a card! Or too cheap ;-)

kacy said...

watch it i say things like youseguys and crick!