Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rambling Thoughts on Parenting

We had a delicious meal at Cheryl's for cooking club today.  She made Pioneer Woman's Veggie and Cheese Bagel except she put it on a really good roll.  It was so good!  Then she had these really delicious chocolate chip and Macadamia nut cookies.  I've had two so far...I have three left and I'm planning to share them with Joel...yes, planning to share...

So right now I'm thinking about parenting.  We had a good talk about it and we also had an incident of Pnut squishing Kate in the toy box.  I said to Cheryl and Jackie that I think sometimes she is mean, but I've continued to think about it, and I don't think she is trying to be mean.  I think she just doesn't think.  And how often do I do that?  So after we got home, Pnut and I talked about being careful with others and how that is showing them love.  She said she didn't want to hurt Kate so I was glad to hear that!  While it was going on, I think I reacted a little harshly.  And that was just me not thinking...just like Pnut did.  I have such high expectations for her.  She is really very mature for her age (I think), and so then when she does something that is in keeping with her age, I'm just shocked!  And I don't hold Pilly to the same standards.  I know she is spoiled (don't tell Joel I said that because he really thinks she is!) and we are working on it, but she is younger than Pnut and doesn't get it quite get it all the time yet.  *Sigh*  There is just so much that I know I do wrong with them.  But one of the things I said to the girls this morning, and I really believe it, is that they won't really remember this time of their life, praise the Lord!  I can't remember it from when I was that young except different trips and stuff like that...and that is probably mostly from pictures!  I need to remember that none of us are perfect so they are going to make mistakes and so am I.  Thank the Lord that each moment can be a new start...I can't wait for a new day with how many mistakes I make each day.  They are sweet girls and I think we will all be alright.

More rambling....hopefully next week we can have real posts again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No worries Shawna, Kate is fine! You are right, I do stuff without thinking all the time! Tell Pnut Kate is not one bit mad at her!