Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Apple Cake

Make this and you too will be happy:)



Bake at 350 for one hour
Grease and sprinkle sugar generously in a bundt pan (this makes the outside delicious and crunchy).

2 c flour
2 c sugar
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
4 c peeled and chopped apples
1 c oil
2 large eggs, beaten
1 t vanilla

Mix with large spoon until smooth and pour into pan and bake.  Let cool for 15-20 minutes and then flip onto plate.  Try not to eat all at once.

This cake is so good!  It is always moist and yummy.  My MIL told me tonight that she does 1/2 c white sugar and 1.5 c brown sugar.  Maybe I can make it again soon and compare the taste.  In any case, I'm pretty sure it is hard to mess up.  I made mine in a silicone pan (thanks Jackie), and I had to lengthen the baking time a little.  I'm not sure if it was related to the silicone, but I think I have had to adjust the time with those pans before.  Regardless, don't be afraid to lengthen the cooking time until your fork comes out clean:)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks amazing!!

mrsament said...

Yum! I am having a dinner party on Saturday and I think I will try this dessert! Did you grease the pan with butter or just some type of cooking spray like pam?

mrsament said...

Also, what kind of apples do you recommend?

Kacy said...

Make this and you will be happy too... alright billy mayes haha

mrsament said...

So I tried it and it was a disaster! I thought it was done because the top was getting really brown. After letting it cool and turning over it collapsed and went all over the counter. I wish I would have taped it, it was hilarious! After talking to Jayne I need to leave it for much longer! I only baked it for about 30 minutes and she said 1 hour! Live and learn, lol!