
Yum. That's all you need to know.
One 4-ounce sleeve saltine crackers
8 T butter
1.5 packed light brown sugar
one 12-ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
1. Prehaet oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with edges (jelly roll pan) with foil and spray with cooking spray. Line with crackers, using broken pieces to fill in edges.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for three minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Pour mixture evenly over the crackers and bake until bubbling, about five minutes.
3. Remove the pan from teh oven and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips. Allow the chocolate to melt slightly then spread it evenly with a spatula all the way to the edges of the pan. Let stand for 10-15 minutes to cool slightly, then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
I had to stick it back in the oven after I poured the chocolate chips on to get them to melt well enough. I also had to put it in the fridge to cool it enough. I am warning you now, these are slightly addictive. Super sweet. So easy though because the ingredients are almost always on hand! In case you are wondering, this is a Paula Deen recipe. That is why it has a stick of delicious butter in it:)
1 comment:
I got to be a "taste tester" for this dessert! It was SO good! I want one NOW! Thanks for sharing Shawna!
Post a Comment