Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Post Full of Pilly

Regina Spektor has a new album called Far that I am really enjoying.

This morning we went to the "Apple Store" and brought home apples, strawberries, and cherries. Yum! We had a delicious lunch. I even let Pilly feed herself yogurt. I put it on the spoon and she put it in her mouth. Or that is what she tried to do.



Before lunch, I set up the swimming pool and had to fill it with buckets from the sink again because Joel cannot get the old hose off without some sort of tool. I had dumped one bucket in and was inside waiting for the next one to fill when Pnut came racing in having to go to the potty. I lifted her over the gate to go upstairs and then went out to check on Pilly...who had gotten into the swimming pool clothes, sandals, and all. When Pnut came back down, she stripped down to her underwear and got in too. After carrying 435 buckets outside, I went out to supervise, and it was hot!! So I got in in my clothes too:) We had fun. I am glad we got in because they put on their swimming suits after nap and went out and it was actually chilly outside! Not really good weather for swimming. We are having crazy summer weather here. I don't mind for sure!

This morning, Pilly was holding Java on her lap and she was feeding him a magnet and then taking bites herself. (It was a food magnet.)



She does love that puppy!



Poor Pnut, no pictures of her. She wanted me to take a picture of her holding the dog, but she was only holding him when she was just in underwear so I didn't really want to do that...

Here is a picture from the other night with both of them:



They like to flip the little couch upside down and roll down it. They are weird.

Joel brought home a book that was donated to the library that the library didn't want and was in the free section. It is an etiquette book. I thought I would share an excerpt from the Dress and Manners section:

Swimming: Any woman less bony than a shad looks ridiculous in a bra-top bathing suit and one that doesn't at least partly cover her thighs. If she has anything even slightly resembling a rubber tire around the middle, let her choose a bathing suit that will cover, or better, mildly control it, as do well-cut lastex suits. The dressmaker suit is a boon to less than perfect figures. To swim is to make a very public appearance. Legs and underarms should be meticously groomed, and feet should be carefully pedicured.

Maybe we should all have to read this before choosing swimming suits!!:)

No comments: