...and the little moments, humble though they be, make the mighty ages of eternity
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Hot Chocolate and Blackberry Cheesecake Pots
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
4 c whole milk
1 dash water
3/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 t red food coloring paste
1 c heavy whipping cream
1 T sugar
1 t cream cheese
Whip cream and sugar for 2-3 minutes. Just before it peaks, add cream cheese and whisk for 2 minutes. Taste and add more cream cheese to taste. Do not overwhip or you will get butter!
In a medium saucepan, heat milk over medium. Add a splash of water and choc. chips, constantly stirring gently. When almost melted, add red paste. When choc chips totally melted, pour into mugs and top with whipped cream.
NOTES: The cream cheese is a little tricky. The person who originally posted this recipe said to be careful about it because it can end up tasting really tart if you add too much so I was a little hesitant. This stuff is so good! I love real hot chocolate instead of that powdered junk!
Blackberry Cheesecake Pots
1/4 c haevy whipping cream
8 oz cream cheese
1 t vanilla
4 oz blackberries
Whip the cream. Add cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with paddle attachment until smooth. Add half the blackberries and beat until just crushed.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top with remaining berries.
NOTES: This only made 3 for me, not 4 like it was supposed to. And they weren't especially big portions or anything so I'm not sure what the trick is. I added all of the blackberries but enough to put just 2 or 3 on top of the individual servings so I think mine had a little more blackberry than the author's. These were really yummy and an easy version of cheesecake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment