Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies

After making the dessert last Monday, I still had some pumpkin leftover that we needed to use.  We were going to make oatmeal cookies Friday, but Pnut asked if we could find a recipe for pumpkin cookies instead.  I really like the texture of these, nice and chewy and soft.  This recipe makes about 36.

1/2 lb butter, softened
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 c pumpkin puree
1 c rolled oats
1 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1 c raisins, optional
2 1/2 c flour

Preheat oven to 350.  Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.  Beat in egg, vanilla, and pumpkin.  In a separate bowl, mix together everything else.  Stir into pumpkin mixture.  Drop cookies onto tray.  Bake 12-15 minutes. 

I sprayed my cookie sheet this time because it said to use parchment paper.  They came off nicely without crumbling.  Cookies are one of my favorite things to make with the girls because there is so much to put in and nothing fancy usually has to be done to them! 

No comments: