Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tonight Is Break Night

I have almost completed a new pair of pajama pants for myself, and I could finish them tonight. But I'm not going to!

Obedience from small children was not what it should have been today so I need a break! It is not outright defiance, just not instance obedience either. I will run the whole way around the circle to the other side the stairs before I go up. That kind of obedience. That is tiring. I want them to obey right away. If they are running out into the road, I want them to run right back when I say come, not run up and down the street first! Each day is different, and usually they do well for the most part most days, but they do like to test boundaries!!

I have two things that I meant to write about yesterday and forgot:

1. Friday, Pnut and I "sewed" and colored together, and she said to me, "Mom, this was fun. I like sewing and coloring with you. We should do it again soon because you are my sweetest Mommy." I'm pretty sure that she is the sweetest three year old ever!

2. Friday evening while out with Carolyn, we visited that lovely establishment Friendly's to satisfy our salt and sweet cravings. It should be noted that Carolyn is about six feet tall and I am only five three. We walk in, and the waitress asks how many. Carolyn says just two, and the waitress asks "Do you need a children's menu?" I start looking around to see if a child followed us in or something. Then I look up and realize that she means me. Honest to goodness! A few weeks ago when the guy on the street thought I was 16, I wasn't too offended. My hair was in pigtails that day and I know that I do look young. But really? A children's menu? They end at age 12!! Carolyn thinks that her height compared to my height made me look younger, but 12? Ha! I still laugh whenever I think about it:)

Now I need to go make a hard decision...oreos or ice cream! Have a lovely evening!

No comments: