Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Circle Skirt

I haven't taken a picture of the other project I completed on Saturday so I will post about it tomorrow. It is always better if I take the pictures during the day! Both projects were fun!

I made this skirt on Saturday. It probably took less than an hour. I love it!



It is a circle skirt, which is super easy! It has one seam up the side, the hem, and the waistband. I love the way it fits. It hangs nice, is very swirly, and was easy to wear all day, not just to church. I used an Indian battick (sp?), which I have admired for quite a while. It is a little much for a whole dress, but I thought it was perfect for the skirt! You can change the pattern up to, lengthen, shorten, add ruffles, whatever!

We were so busy today! We spent more time than I meant to at the playground (I really need to get a battery for my watch) so got back late and had homemade tomato soup on the menu for lunch with homemade bread. The girls did not lay down until an hour after they were supposed to, but they went right to sleep! By the way, Pilly had three bowls of soup at lunch. She loves soup as much as I do! And she is getting really good with a spoon:)

I am hoping that we will get to paint pumpkins with them tomorrow. We have them on the back porch, and they have wanted to do it since Joel brought them home! I also want to bake the pumpkin to get the pulp or whatever like last year. I have some recipes in mind that I would like to try. I love pumpkin!

I am feeling better today, but I am still really tired. My dear sister told me I have all the main symptoms of swine flu, but I haven't had a fever so I don't know if that is what it is. It could just be a plain old cold! So now I am going to head to bed! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!:)

No comments: