Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Concoction

On Sunday, it was only the girls and I for lunch. Joel got to go to the Bengals v Ravens game. I had some chicken that I needed to use, and I wanted to make something that we couldn't eat when Joel was there (i.e. anything but plain old chicken). We didn't find out in time that he was going to the game to go to the grocery store to make something from a cookbook, but I thought I would just make something up. Now, I will share that recipe with you. Or concoction. Probably the latter.

I cubed my chicken and cooked it on the stove top in butter with generous amounts of salt and pepper. Then I threw in some sour cream. How much? Beats me! It coated the chicken and was pretty much cooked off so I put in some more to make a little sauce. Then I put in chopped tomatoes and dried basil. Fresh basil would have been better, but I rarely (read never) have fresh herbs. I just cooked long enough to heat the tomatoes, and it was ready. I really liked the taste of it. The girls liked it. Pnut ate all of her chicken, and Pilly kind sucked all the sauce off the outside and spit the chicken back out. She likes chicken, but if she likes the sauce more, she just wants to eat that. Naughty, I know:)

I can show you what is happening at our house this week:



This is our friend E. She is here for the week. She is homeschooled so I get to do her school with her, which is lots of fun. Her mom uses the curriculum that I want to use for my girls so I am having fun playing with it! E is 10, and Pnut loves her! Here they are playing a horse game on the DS together. E is the oldest of four siblings so I think only have two little ones around is a nice break!

On a more serious note, I want to ask you all to be in prayer for friends of ours from church. They had a grease fire in their kitchen on Sunday, and Grace was burned on her feet severely and has blisters in her throat and burns on her elbow. She is in a burn center. PTL, she does not have pneumonia as they feared, but just a sinus infection. She is going to have to have skin grafts, which have been pushed back until the end of the week. She is hopefully going to be taken off of the ventilator tomorrow so please just pray that that goes well, and she is able to heal well and that above all God would be glorified in this. Thank you so much!

No comments: