
Here is my bag. Can you believe I carried this?! I actually pulled the car up to our house, took it inside, and then parked. Twenty-two pounds is a little bit much to carry with a baby in the other arm. Or it might be a little bit much period!

My mother-in-law had also gotten these apples from her school and wasn't going to eat them. She gave them to us because she knows we love our apples! However, they were a little mealy for me so I thought they would make a good addition to our sauce.

This was my kitchen counter set up. I could not have done this at our apartment. I don't think we have more counter space here, but what we do have is all stuck together instead of spread out in small pieces around the kitchen. This is better! I really love how you don't even have to core the apples! That poopy stuff just comes right out into the green bowl:)

This is what I got for all of my hard work. The two bags that are red have the red delicious mixed in with the other sauce. That tastes the best! The other stuff is good, but that stuff is great!

Here is Pilly, happy that mommy is finally done messing around with the stove and can instead respond to her every whim.

Here is the Pnut, happy but probably disappointed that I will be paying attention to her since she can't do naughty things like draw on my rotary cutting board with a pencil or pick brick pieces out of the wall. She needs a watchful eye folks!
It was so much easier than the way I usually do it. So much! I would like to can some next summer. Hopefully this will last us for a while, but the way these monsters eat it I am not sure!
I didn't have lunch because I was working on the applesauce. Don't worry, I fed the girls. Around two o'clock, I remembered that I had not had lunch so I got some applesauce and deer bologna. My dad gave me this with the deer jerky. He sent two over and one is in the freezer but probably won't be for long. I just opened it today and have eaten five pieces. Five. I think I am the only one who will eat that too. I will have to ask Joel. Or hide it and feign innocence. Oh, what to do?! So Dad, I might need some more soon:)
No comments:
Post a Comment