Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Stocking

I had no work again today so I thought I would try out my rotary cutter. Unfortunately, I was also talking on the phone at the time. It did not go well. So I postponed cutting until tonight. I have learned a few things in my short time of using that instrument! First, I may need a new see-through rule by next Christmas if I keep cutting on it instead of the mat. Second, you must be very careful to not lean to close or it might just cut your hair off. I have not done it yet, but I have come pretty close! Third, go slow!!! I made so many bad cuts because it looks like it should be easy so I just rolled along and the cutter did not stick to the ruler as well as I would have liked. Hopefully, I will have enough material for the stockings because I am pretty sure that there isn't a lot of Christmas fabric around still.

I have been so excited about these stockings. They are quilt-as-you-go stockings. This is the first side of one of Pilly's. Poor Pilly. She gets the not quite as good stuff. I should have practiced on Pnut's since she is the one who usually gets the new stuff. That is what happens when you are the first child. Anyways, it is turinng out nicely after a few glitches. I did the pattern wrong, I ran out of bobbin thread (again), and when I sewed around the whole edge, I sewed some of the extra fabric to the stocking and was able to employ the seam-ripper. Yippy skippy. Now that one side is done, I really like it. The fabric patterns might not blend as well as they should...but that is certainly not my forte!



In other news, I received my boots today that I ordered from Bass (no Dad, not Bass Fishing Store). I was so excited about them and already knew what I was going to wear them with on Sunday. Pnut and I each took one out and removed the cardboard. I tried on the one that I had, and then I reached for the one she was holding and realized that there was something not quite right. The zipper was on the same side. They sent me two left boots! Aaaah! So we went to the Bass Outlet tonight, but we did not know that they closed at 6:00. Joel is going to try to return it for me tomorrow, but I don't know if he will be able to since I paid for it. They had better not mess it up again, or they might get some bad press!

Tomorrow (don't you love my segues), we will be making applesauce. My mom let me borrow her mixer attachments (thanks Mom) so it will be much easier than the way that I usually do it. All I have to do now is quarter the apples, boil them, and throw them in the grinder and it separates the bad from the good. Usually, I peel them with a vegetable peeler, quarter them, seed them, and then boil them on the stove with a little bit of water for about an hour until they break down. This should be a piece of cake!

Yesterday, Pnut kindly let me borrow some of her blue hair glitter for my hair so that my hair would look beautiful like hers. It was stunning. And sticky. Pilly has started to run some. She always falls down after she runs a little ways, but it is cute. She will be one in 11 days. Sniffle! Sniffle!

Okay, this post has rambled on enough. Have a great night! Shawna:)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the stocking. Very informative post :)

Nystral Djo said...

haha - my dad is an avid fisherman, so of course the first thing i thought of when i read "bass" was also the bass pro shops ;)