Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Good intentions!

Today, I didn't have work again. I have no idea why. I know he saw patients. A lot of patients. I'm afraid that tomorrow he is going to dictate all the reports from today and tomorrow. I wish these guys could straighten themselves out.

I had many good intentions of getting a lot of sewing done tonight. But...first of all, I think our house is cold so I had to sit on the couch with a blanket for a while. And over the register with the air blowing under my blanket. Second, Joel put on this hilarious show called Scare Tactics. It is on the SciFi channel. Horrible. These people set their friends up to be scared. But very entertaining to watch! So, I didn't start working until 9:00. I finished sewing the two fabrics together to make all four panels for the girls' curtains. Now I am stuck. Mom, if you are reading this, you might want to eat your lunch on the way here. The directions say to cut the top in a scalloped pattern. The pattern has to be a certain number of inches wide so that it divides evenly into the width of the top of the curtain. I am having trouble reproducing a satisfactory scallop. Mom, you may want to bring a piece of graph paper. I was working on it, and then I remembered. I hate geometry and this sort of stuff. I also hate having to follow directions that are confusing. I have more questions than that:)

We went to Walmart to prepare for our Lost party tomorrow night. We love Lost! We didn't start watching it until last year. Joel's brother had all the seasons on DVD so we caught up on them and then started watching on TV. I prefer the DVDs. It is horrible to not be able to watch one episode right after the other! Anyways, while we were at Walmart, I had to stop at the fabric department. And it has begun to close. All the fabric and cut by the yard notions were 25% off. I bought a few things (read too much). But it was fun, and I plan on going back.

Pilly also spent her gift card that she had for Walmart. She bought this:



They love it! It is nice because it has two teacups so they can share. The teapot sings and makes pouring sounds. It is by Fisher Price. We have a few really nice Fisher Price toys. Pilly also has a singing purse that she got for Christmas. All of our Little People are Fisher Price. They make durable, fun toys!



Pilly doesn't mind that Pnut only lets her have one teacup and one cake. Pnut does need to learn to share a bit better! She is really good at pouring tea though!



This is the best picture I could get of her with it. Every time I tried to take one she would either stick the cup in my face and say Mmm or sit down on my lap. I just also want to mention that she had on a very cute outfit that she got for Christmas from her Auntie Randa all day. Then after supper, she pooped through it. While she was sitting on her dad's lap. It was funny.

There was something that I wanted to mention the other day and I forgot. It involves this picture:



Can you tell what she has in her hand? That is a travel toothbrush her daddy brought her. That girl is obsessed with brushing her teeth. She plays with that thing all the time. Pilly likes it too. I saw her getting it out of a cupboard today. She must have hidden it from her sister. My children are just a little bit weird...

No comments: