1 3lb beef chuck or rump roast
2 c water
1/2 c soy sauce
1 t dried rosemary
1 t garlic powder
1 bay leaf
1 t pepper
Trim fat from roast, place in crock pot and add rest. Cook 5-6 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Remove meat from broth and shred wtih forks. Strain broth and skim off fat. Add enough broth to meat to moisten. Serve on toasted rolls with melted provolone cheese wtih small cups of broth for dipping.

I like to make mashed potatoes with it and put the juice on them. It is wonderful. I actually saved the juice from tonight for this purpose because I didn't have time to make potatoes.
You definitely want to trim the fat from the meat well. I didn't one time, and the little pieces of fat were floating on the top and it was hard to get out.
You should definitely make this. It is quick and easy and a taste sensation!
I
No comments:
Post a Comment