Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Crisp Coconut and Chocolate Pie

Crust:
4 T unsalted butter, softened
11 ounces sweetened shredded coconut

Filling
1 1/4 c heavy cream
8 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped

Preheat over to 350.  Mix butter with 1/3 of coconut until mixture forms a ball.  Sprinkle remaining coconut and mix with fingers.  Press into pie plate evenly.  Cover edges with foil and cook for 15 minutes, remove foil, and bake until edges are browned, 4-6 more minutes.  Cool completely.

When the crust is ready for the filling, bring cream just to a boil and pour over chocolate in a separate bowl.  Let sit for 10 minutes while it melts and then stir to melt completely.  Pour into crust, refrigerate for 1 hour. 

This was from page 86 of Martha's Pies and Tarts book, and it was probably my favorite one.  I love coconut and chocolate!

1 comment:

mrsament said...

This sounds fabulous! I love coconut and chocolate too. Jason won't eat anything with chocolate, but I could make it for women's night. :) Thanks for sharing!