This is not the picture I was trying to get. He was eating smashed up blueberries, and he was making a hilarious face every time he got a skin. He would stick his tongue out really far and try to spit out the skin. However, the LB is a complete ham so just smiles when I turn the camera on. Oh well, he is still cute, right?!
I can't believe that I haven't mentioned this yet, but I quit my job a few weeks ago. It was not dependable and there were just several issues with it. It was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders when I turned in my notice. So now I am trying to sell more on etsy and elsewhere to help supplement our income. I just had 2 more sales (for a grand total of 4) on etsy over the weekend. Hopefully it will get my shop out there more. I am in the process of making more items, but I have to remember to take pictures during the day! I'm also hoping to make some sales through word of mouth. If anyone needs any custom sewing, let me know!:)
We are in our third week of school, and it is still going well. It takes about an hour to an hour and a half, depending how involved the things we need to do are. We went back to the playground today with much anticipation as the other kids have started school. Excitingly enough, we met some other homeschooled kids there. Their parents were having a meeting so they must belong to a group here in the city, but the girls were 5 and 7, and the girls had fun playing with them. One thing that I really appreciate about homeschooled kids is their ability to play with children of all ages. They all seem to relate to each other well instead of mostly being comfortable with kids just their age. They didn't mind that Pilly was only 3. Quite a bit of silliness went on:)
I talked before about why we are homeschooling and thought I would give another reason tonight. I do believe a homeschooling education in the end is superior, but that is not really my motivation for it. I want the girls and LB to know and love the Lord, and I do not believe that that is in any way facilitated through a public school education. Knowing God is so much more important than an education. I will do my best to give them the best possible education that I can, but I'm much more concerned with their spiritual state! There is too much being taught in schools now that goes directly against the Lord and His Word. I'm not judging anyone who chooses to send their child to school. This is just how I have been convicted and what we believe is best for our family.
So now, on that somewhat heavy note, I will end this post! There is a baby crying who needs shushed and put back to sleep. Someday he will sleep through the night. Someday.

No comments:
Post a Comment