Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Our First Day of School!

Sorry I forgot to post Thursday night!  We had a very busy day and then a friend came over in the evening and left right at bedtime.  It was a crazy, but fun, day!  The LB got a little sunburn, which was pretty cute, even though I didn't want him to get burned and had put lotion on him!



Amazingly, the girls did not get burned, even though they were in the sun more than he was and had no lotion on.  Maybe they run too fast for the sun to get them:)

We started school today!  It was fun and went really well.  We are doing it in the basement so that all of our things are together and they don't have to be cleaned off of the kitchen table every day.  Pnut was very excited about her reading and math and did great with it.  Pilly had a little trouble being quiet at first and kept trying to get in between Pnut and her book.  I imagine she is going to pick up quite a bit just from being down there with us.  LB was taking his morning nap, and we plan to do it right away every day as soon as he lays down so that he never has to come to the basement with us.  Too many temptations.  Four million Legos and some very steep steps.  We still did our Bible time first but only did one book instead of 2.  We also did our Look and Find and practiced the 23rd Psalm, which they pretty much have down.  I think we will be moving on to Psalm 121 soon.  Then we went downstairs and did reading and then math.  Pilly got to do her workbook when Pnut was done.  I think that now that she knows she will get to do it every day, hopefully she will be a little more cooperative when we are doing Pnut's work.  After Pilly was done, we read some poetry from A. A. Milne and the first chapter of The BFG.  The girls picked that instead of The Fantastic Mr. Fox, which we will read next.  It only took us about an hour so that means I should still have time to get other things done before LB gets up to terrorize everything.  I'm hoping we will still be able to fit in time at the playground, which we have to do when he is awake anyway so that shouldn't be a problem, and have time for crafts.

Speaking of crafts, we went to Michael's yesterday, and all of their summer projects are 70% off.  We got a bunch of fun stuff for the girls to do for 30 cents.  I got a tie-dye kit of $2.99.  They are pestering to start those soon so hopefully we can get on the ball!

A good deal to share:  Snapfish has 100 prints for $1 with free shipping with the code WEDPRINT.  I don't know when it expires so you might want to order soon!

And that is all for tonight.  I have some hand-sewing I need to go do before I cave in to the desire to read:)

No comments: