I thought I would do a walk-through. I guess you could call it a tutorial, but my pictures are not that great and it is pretty easy to figure out!

First I cut all the hearts out of the material with my pinking shears. I just printed heart patterns from here and used the two biggest sizes. Try to be careful cutting them out, but if they aren't exactly right, it doesn't matter too much. When you sew, the edges come apart a little anyways and you can't tell they aren't evenly matched.

I laid them out to decide what pattern I wanted. Now, I would change it and switch the striped red for the flower red so that the two stripes would not be right next to each other. Oh well.

I started sewing a little above the bottom and then stuck the ribbon in between the two pieces of fabric at the top.

I then sewed about three quarters of the way around and stuffed it. Don't stuff it too full, just make it poofy.

When I got around to the bottom, I again stuck a ribbon in. This is why you start slightly above the bottom. When I first did it, I started right at the bottom and then my ribbon wasn't centered. I liked the ribbon like this instead of the way they had it from Pottery Barn.

With the next heart, you have to take the ribbon from the bottom of the first heart and stick it in the top of the second heart.

When you have them all sewn on, loop the ribbon around the wreath and hand sew.

I sewed a ribbon on top to hang it with and voila!

Here is a close-up of the top. When you are attaching the ribbon to hang it, make sure it balances before you sew it on!
I put about five inches in between each heart. I meant for the strings with two hearts to be staggered with the ones with three hearts, but I underestimated how much ribbon I needed for the top and they ended up the same. I had about 2.5 inches to go around my wreath, but that will vary. This one is for my Secret Sister at Bible study. I want to make one for the girls, but I have to get some more ribbon. Plus my back needs a break.
For the women in my Bible study small group, I made these heart cookies. It is amazing how fun something can look just stuck in a cellophane bag with some pretty ribbon!

Poor little Pnut had the stomach bug. She threw up eight times last night. It was a long night. Thankfully, there was no work for me to do today. She seemed better tonight and was playing with Pilly. I hope no one else gets it!
I need to get to bed! Have a great night:)
2 comments:
the cookies do look really cute!!
We're moving to Texas in 3 weeks...that's going to be a llllllllloooooonnnnnnnggggg drive!
:)
4 dogs, 2 humans, and 2 guinea pigs in one car.
Post a Comment