Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jewelry

Today, Pnut and I did a finger painting. Pilly just had to watch. She still eats everything. I thought of the idea last night. I know that it is not original with me. I tore off a piece of wax paper and she painted on that. Then after it was dry, we hung it up on the window, and it looks really cool! Next time, I might put things on like trees or flowers for her to paint in. We also all three had another tea party today. They really enjoy those. We had a nice day together. I am so glad that everything is back to normal. We are still working on adjusting attitudes, but that will come!

I wanted to show you all what is blooming on our table:



I forget what it is called. I have good news though! It is almost impossible to kill. I am a master killer of indoor plants, and I have only watered it three times since I planted it three weeks ago. The thing grew like an inch every two hours! I thought it looked taller every time I walked into the kitchen.

I am enjoying having Carolyn's jewelry making stuff. I am very slow. Veerryy! Last night, I made one bracelet. I had to redo it tonight because it wasn't quite long enough on the ends to tie. Then when I tried to tie it, even with two knots, it would come untied when I put it on. So Lynn will have to help me with that. Here are the two bracelets I did:



They are on stretchy string-stuff so that they fit snugly on your arm. I like that they won't slide up and down and won't fall off over my hand!

I also worked on a necklace:



I really like it! The pearl beads are a blue-gray. I love pearl beads! However, one of my little anchors fell off so now three of them are sliding and I am probably going to have to start over. Maybe I should stick to sewing!

Heavens to mergetroid, I am cold! I need to get upstairs and in bed beside my husband the furnace! Have a great night:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flowers look like lilys. There are many types of lilys, but they all look similar.

Janellybelly said...

Hi Shawna
I think the flower is a hippyastrum, my Pop used to grow them :) The photo brought a smile to my face.