Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just Silly Chatter

Have you ever had a night where you know you technically got enough sleep, but you just aren't rested? That was my night last night. I had some bad dreams. Not nightmares, just bad dreams. I woke up slightly cranky, made worse by the fact that Joel told me I had to get out of bed instead of letting me lay there until he was ready to walk out the door. :P Pnut also emptied part of her pajama drawer during this time. I could see her in it from our bedroom, but I didn't have the energy to go stop her. I later found Ernie in her shirt drawer. So the whole day I have just felt tired all day, and that is yucky!! I also couldn't lay down because that doctor dictated for 93 minutes. Four more days and I should be done with him!

I got to drive the car today!!:) It was so nice! It felt safe. The gear shift is cool. It looks old. Fun stuff!

We had an appointment today and the girls were weighed and measured and tested for iron. Pnut is 24.5 pounds, which is the 0 percentile, and is 36 inches tall, which is the 55th percentile. Pilly is 18.5 pounds, which is the 1st percentile, and is 29.5 inches tall, which is the 48th percentile. I am not sure what happened because she used to be in the 80th percentile. Oh well, I still think she is tall! Pnut's iron was low (big shocker there). That kid is so stinking picky. She doesn't like eggs anymore. Pilly's was fine. They also tested her lead, and we will find that out later. That was not fun. She was so good, never made a peep. Her little hands are always so cold, and she seems to have poor circulation in them. This means that the nurse could not find the vein. She thought she had one, and she inserted the needle into her hand and couldn't get anything out. Pilly didn't cry or even wiggle. Finally, she pricked her finger and squeezed it out drop by drop into a tube. Hopefully that comes back fine. She puts so much stuff into her mouth, but I don't think we have any lead paint here!

Tonight I am going to play with some beads. Carolyn let me borrow all of her beading stuff, which is lots of fun. Supposedly it was to keep her from being tempted to do that instead of write her paper, but she is just super-nice and wanted me to take them so came up with a silly reason. I need to do something with them before she comes over Friday!

Tomorrow we have to drive back to where we got the car, which is about 35 miles away, and take the title for our other car. We forgot it when we went yesterday. Thankfully they still let us have our new car! Looks like another busy day.

I hope everyone has a restful evening:)

3 comments:

Sha and Michelle said...

I don't know how people wake up at 7am! I like to got to bed after 2am - so waking up at 7am is rediculous!

anyway - i woke up early and got our car checked over to see if it was in good enough shape to make the drive to tx.

the mechanic said there is know sure way to know that (duh), but he said he would trust his old truck to make it there kind of reassuring.

he checked the car and the only thing wrong with it was that it had an oil leak, he fixed that, all in all it cost $150.00 to fix it and look it over. not to bad.

i'm going to take to the other place to get the oil changd right before the trip - they vaccum it out there for me too - i'm lazy. :)

16 days and counting!

Sha and Michelle said...

WE HAD A BIRD INCIDENT THIS MORNING!!

Michelle and I were getting ready to take me to work this morning and I was getting dressed. I asked michelle to go in the other room and grab my contact case, I had it sitting on the window sill in my room.

she leaves to go get it and I hear a yell. I say "what happened?" and she says "there is a bird in your room"!

i don't own any birds.

i go in there and our dog, madelyne, is in a playful pounce position watching the bird who is sitting on one of my windows. (Maddy wouldn't hurt him - she loves everyone).

i don't know when the bird got in there: today or last night. because yesterday we had the windows open while the cleaning crew was here, and today we had the back door open while we were getting ready - so the dogs could go in and out.

i had michelle take the dogs out of the room and i openned all three windows.

then michelle and i chased him out. The bird was so cute and scared!

So there you have it - a BIRD story.

Sha and Michelle said...

lol, no the bird didn't knock over our toothbrushes - those got taken out by soot! Now that the house is all clean again I need to bring them back from my Mom's house.

No - we aren't able to get the van on finance since we don't have any previous history. We have always bought our cars outright. Michelle's first car cost $200 it was blue and lasted 5 years. My first car was $200 and it was red it lasted 2 years. Then we got my mom's old white station wagon when she got her "new car" she had it for ... 10 years? I had it for another year - so that car was free. (they are all broken down now - but they did last a few years each).

Our car we have now we bought with savings bonds for $1850 out-right - and had to put a new transmission in it a month later. It's a marroon station wagon. Because we can't finance a van we just took our marroon car/ the only car - to get it checked out. The mechanic thinks it can make it to Texas - or hopes it will. I had to pay to fix an oil leak - that cost $148.

We are going to be taking all the dogs and the 2 guinea pigs with us in the marroon station wagon. And driving there. 4 dogs, 2 guinea pigs, 2 humans.

All our belongings are going to meet us there. We are going to be using a Upack.

We bought a little "mouse" cage today to put the guinea pigs in for the car ride. That cage will be put inside a "small" dog crate for extra protection from the dogs. Not all our dogs have learned to play nice with the guinea pigs.

The guinea pigs' "normal" cage is too big to fit inside the "small" dog crate. And our car is too small to have two large dog crates and the big guinea pig cage inside + our suitcase with clothes...

I'm planning on taking the two big dog crates with us just in case we need them - but plan on just letting the dogs ride freely like they normally do - our dogs love the car.

We have AAA just in case the car doesn't make the trip - knock on wood that we don't need to use it.

We've moved a few times in the last few years...

I moved out into an apartment with a bf in 2004.

Michelle moved in with me in 2005.

Then in 2006 Rhiley got in trouble for slipping her collar and chasing someone who was stupid enough to run from her - costing me $500 in paint damage to a car, The stupid man jumped on someone's car and a 72 hour notice was given to me to get my dog out of the apartment. I put in a 2 month notice - no way was I getting rid of my baby.
So Michelle and Rhiley and our dog Bandit (who has passed away) went to stay with the aunt who lives in TX (she lived in VA Beach in 2006 -Which is 2 hours away from here) and I packed up the apartment and looked for a house. Which I found and is the cutest little house ever!!!

We moved in here in May 2006.

And we are moving again in 2 weeks - to TEXAS!!!!!!

so depending on how you look at it it's 3 or 4 moves in 5 years (including this one coming up).

15 days and counting!!